Wednesday, July 29, 2009

July 2009


Okay, so I've caught myself up, for all of you people that keep bugging. I finished physics this month and got a B. I get to start ASU in the fall and will be taking Ecology, Spanish, and Ethical and Policy Issues in Biology. I also added a Spanish minor to my degree which will probably add another year to school. Hopefully i can take the Spanish classes during the summer and winter breaks or something.
I can't believe the girls are starting school already. Next Monday the 3rd. We have meet the teacher Thurs. night. The girls are really excited about it. I had enrolled Ellie into a.m. kindergarten cause they weren't going to fund all day anymore. But then they called and said that they were going to and asked if i wanted to switch. I decided to stick with a.m. cause i wasn't sure what i wanted to do yet. I was thinking the half day schedule would get filled up first since there was only one teacher doing it. All the rest of the classes were full day. Well i guess people get pretty excited that they can get rid of their 5 year olds for a whole day instead of a half day, even at the expense of the kid. The only reason i was going to maybe put her in all day is cause she's older. She'll turn 6 in September and missed the cutoff last year by 9 days. So i think she could handle all day since she's almost a year older than some of the other kids starting kindergarten this year. I don't really like the idea of full day kindergarten. They kept complaining about not having enough funding to do it. I think they should use all the funding they got and give all their teachers raises instead. Money better spent in my opinion. Poor little kids have to go from having preschool in someones house a couple times a week for an hour or so, to all day at a public school. I just think it's hard on them. and i don't think it makes much of a difference in the kids' success throughout school anyway.
Yesterday i went to Shanna's house and her and Chelsea and my mom helped me tie a quilt I've been working on. Now i just have to bind it. So I'm probably going to my grandma's on Saturday and she's going to help me do it. Then i can give it to Iman, since i made it for her as a wedding present. Sorry it's almost a year late!!! Quilts take a lot of time. I'll post a picture of it when i finish.
These pictures are from the 4th of July parade that the ward does every year. It was at 7am and still way to hot to be outside.




Here's the kids all lining up for the parade.
Ellie apparently enjoyed her chocolate donut.
I think Anny probably ate like 3 or 4 donuts!

Okay, so this is jack's new little trick. Alex walked in and saw him doing it and decided to take pictures. Mind you, he's already done this several times previously when i walked into the room but i was screaming.



Thanks for the death trap, i mean piano, mom.

2 comments:

Ty and Marla Stevens said...

Good job in Physics class! If you need help on your Spanish, Im sure cousin Ty will help.
Looks like you guys have been busy in July. Hopefully, Jack's next trick isnt him thinking that he can fly from that piano.

Clint & Janet said...

I agree with you on this all day kindergarten. Seems such a leap for the little tykes. Looks like you've got to watch Jack, fun. Good luck in school. great job!!