Thursday, June 12, 2008

I think I'm psychic

The other night i was having a dream that our power was about to go out and i had to hurry and pay the bill, and no one seemed to care in my house.  everyone was like "who cares Ashley, we don't need electricity."  then my dream moved into another dream, which i don't remember, but then, all of a sudden, the sound of our computer shutting down woke me in a start.  and then i realized that it seemed much darker than it should be.  do do do do, do do do do...i know, the twilight zone song was playing in my head too.  its surprising how much light things like radios and DVD players offer at night when nothing else is on.  instead of just going back to sleep,  i stumbled to the kitchen looking for a match to light a candle.  for some reason i get really scared when the lights go out.  my first reaction is that some burglar turned of our breakers so i wouldn't see him when he broke in and stole all my stuff and then killed me.  so I'm looking for a match and finally find my box of "strike anywhere" matches, which didn't seem to want to strike.  hmm, that doesn't make much sense.  oh, by the way, Alex had to be to work early and left at like 3 am so that is why i was extra nervous.  well then, while I'm uselessly striking a match that obviously was supposed to be recalled, the lights come back on!!  so then i just went back to bed again.  i just thought it was cool how i had that dream, and then it really happened!  no, i didn't forget to pay the bill, it was just a fluke.  
well a couple weeks ago i tried giving jack some cereal.  he seemed to like it, but then he didn't poop for like 4 days.  so I'm pretty sure his digestive tract isn't quite ready for it yet.  i think I'll wait some more.  it's just so fun to feed them food and then see the faces they make.  
Anny and Ellie started a dance class for the summer.  I'll take my camera sometime so i can get some pics.  Anny likes to show me the stuff she's learning and says she wants to be a ballerina teacher when she grows up.  she said she is going to have her classes be free, but that people can still just write her a check.  



3 comments:

n!c said...

Hey I found you!!! Nice dream you had. I like the part about the matches. :)

Anonymous said...

everyone knows you think you are the next cleo ( 1-800 cleo, the psychic!) and everyone thinks you are awesome. but everyone is sick of looking at it!
UPDATE
thanks :)

kittenwrangleur said...

one morning in 6th grade i woke up and the very first thought that came into my head was: "there's going to be a fire drill at school today." i thought it was weird that i would think of that for no reason, but soon forgot about it and went about my day. then, later in the morning, sitting in mrs. kaiser's class: brrrrriiinnnggg! a fire drill....