Monday, July 14, 2008

My Current Read

For those of you who bother to look at what i am currently reading...
So i got a few pages into this book and was thinking, um there's no way that Allende wrote this.  So i thought maybe it was like her first attempt at writing in English or something, or it had a really bad translator.  it was just too remedial, like how a book would probably sound if i wrote it!  so i looked at the back jacket and it said this was her first book for young readers.  hmm, what was it doing in the adult stacks then?  then i thought I'd forgo the reading of it, not just because it was a youth book, cause i have read and liked many such books, but because it just wasn't holding my interest.    but then i thought what the heck, I've got nothing better to read at the moment, I'm sure it won't take long.  I'm like a hundred pages in, and it seems like it might be a good story.  i don't really know why i am telling you all this.  i guess its just in case some of you decide to read this book you will know what you are in for.   Or if you do read this book and don't like it, then i can tell you from having read them, that Allende's other books are much, much better written.  and i will definitely be telling the librarian that i think the book was categorized into the wrong section.

3 comments:

Chelsea said...

ASHLEY!! I am so excited to track you down! Your kids are so cute! And so big! Amazing what years of not seeing you can do! I am excited to get back in touch again! :)

Kami said...

HI!! Chelsea told me the good news about the facebook connection (by the way, facebook?? what are we 17? just kidding.) How are you?

Anonymous said...

dumb. books are gay