Monday, April 28, 2008

Nothing really happening lately

The reason its been so long since i have posted is because i've been incapable of moving after boot camp.  ok, not really, im just lazy, but boot camp was really hard.  i've gone twice now and i'm going again tonight.  My friend Iman told me yesterday that she is getting married!!!  i'm soooo excited for her.  i hope she doesnt care that i'm announcing it to everyone!  I havent even met the guy.  But with Iman's previous picks in guys, im sure he's a winner!  just kidding iman.  i cant wait to meet him.  
It was exciting to hear about the two new temples being built in az.  one is going to be pretty close to my mom's house, so that will be fun.  alex heard it will be as big as the san diego one.  but i'm not sure where he heard that from.  
does anyone know if there is obedience school for 4 year olds?  i have one who needs it.  lately ellie has been having some problems with her temper.  she has always been so happy and hardly ever raised her voice.  but recently she's been yelling a lot more and throwing tantrums.  i cant really blame her though, usually its anny's fault.  it's funny cause sometimes she will get so mad and it looks like she wants to hit me,  but then she doesnt cause she knows she's not supposed to.  i think it could have to do with me showing so much attention to jack and  not enough to her.  i guess i'll have to make some special time for just the two of us.  
ive been keeping a journal for jack.  i didnt start it till march though.  i just used one of those composition books and scrapped it.  shanna started two for porter and hunter.  i think i may start ones for anny and ellie too.  then they can do their own when they learn to.  i just havent been very good at scrap booking, and it gets pretty expensive too, so i figured this would be a better idea for me! 




3 comments:

regibells said...

Cute idea. Much more simple and do- able. I know what you mean about the whole scrapbooking thing. Too much everything! So I got your e-mail. We actually just got back from Cali Sunday. I really want to get together with everyone because we will not be going down there for Thanksgiving like I was hoping because I am Prego and due right around then. We will have to look at our calenders and figure it out, what works. It will probably be without Steve because we have too many trips planned and he is out of vacation, but lets figure it out so talk to people there and get back to me...but we could all stay at my moms since it is a good central location. Nothing fancy but it would be fun!

Shawn and Tasha said...

That's awesome you're doing boot camp! Is Suzy teaching still or am I way behind the times? I don't know anything about 4 year-olds, but I can say 3 is much harder than 2. I thought they were supposed to get better after 3 though!! Oh no!

Jack is SO-O!!! cute! I love your idea with the journaling. I'm not a scrap-booker either, but that seems much more realistic & affordable. You're so creative. Way to go!

Anonymous said...

uh, scrapbooking can be free if you want it to be... i do it all the time. it's way more creative and fun if you make your own designs/"scraps". all those tacky stores just want you to believe it's an expensive hobby.

about ellie... guess what! she's become the MIDDLE child. i'm sure i don't have to tell you about all the thick books that have been written about middle children and their "issues".