Friday, September 5, 2008

Homemade Baby Food, School and Movies

Well thanks to the cool magic bullet my mom got me, i was able to make all of this baby food for only about $2.50.  Cool!!  i did green beans, peas, and some sweet potato.  I did way to much of the beans and peas though and ran out of containers.  Next time i will do smaller portions so i can have a wider variety.  
Me and the girls just got done watching another Hayao Miyazaki film.  I would say he's like the Walt Disney of Japan, but better.  They aren't as fluffy and full of songs like Disney movies can be.  Not that there's anything wrong with that.  But Miyazaki's movies are just more relevant.  I'm not really  into anime, but his films are just really good.  they have amazing animation, even the older ones, and they have such good themes in them so they are great for families.  We just watched My Neighbor Totoro.  We've also seen Kiki's Delivery Service, Howl's Moving Castle, Castle in the Sky, and our personal favorite, Spirited Away.  Anyway, i would highly recommend seeing some of his movies, or all of them for that matter. 
School is going good.  I have an essay due on Monday.  better get started on that.  i also just got my Lab kit in the mail today for micro.  
The girls got their birthday present in the mail yesterday from the Kellogg's.  It is a Karaoke Machine.  It looks like a little boom box.   so Ellie's been singing into the microphone all day.  Luckily she has to plug it in, so i just make her go in her room and shut the door.  I am such a fun mom!
Tonight Clarissa is spending the night for their birthdays.  We are having pizza.  And then we are having birthday cake on Sunday since Alex will be off.  At least i don't have to do a party this year.  i hate doing that.  besides next year Anny will be 8, so I'm sure we will do something for her baptism.  

Shanna, this is how much it made.  Next time you can come over and we will make it together.  Are you going to add cinnamon to your sweet potatoes??
This is our favorite.  Watch it and you'll see why.
Despite that this is voiced by Dakota Fanning, it was still really good.  the images are so emotionally moving, i wish i could be there rolling around in the grass and flowers.

2 comments:

benandchayfuller said...

How awesome that you made your own baby food. How did you do it?

Kami said...

Very impressive on the baby food. Speaking of essays due, I just finished telling Tim about our junior AP English class with Mr. Englemann...I thought of you sitting next to me. That class was hard.